Monday, February 10, 2014

GF birthday results

The gluten-free birthday was a success! The cake was amazing and the cupcakes were fabulous! I may it may not have gained like 10 pounds, but it was so worth it.

The Georgetown cupcakes came on Friday and they were fabulous! We got lava fudge, peanut butter fudge, strawberry, and salted caramel. Each one was even better than the last. The best part was, you couldn't even tell they were gluten-free. 

One of the main problems that occurs when trying to bake gluten-free items is the consistency and taste. Cakes can tend to be less moist and more dense. The taste can also reflect the fact that flour is not a main ingredient. If done right though, cakes and cupcakes can be delicious and even better than the gluten filled kind. 

The cake we got was one of those cakes that's done just right. It was chocolate cake with chocolate mousse and I couldn't keep my hands off of it. It was even better than what I had remembered regular cake tasting like. Not only was it super tasty, but it was absolutely adorable. It had champagne buttercream with gorgeous pink flowers on top. It tasted just as good as it looked and it was definitely a success.

My main concern with the food was that it would taste like 'cardboard', as my father would say. That however, was far from true. Both the cupcakes and cake were amazingly delicious and the gluten-free birthday was quite a success!

1 comment:

  1. Coinsidently my sister went down to Washington DC (we are from CT) over the weekend and she brought back some Georgetown Cupcakes! I had the salted caramel as well and it was amazing, but I am pretty sure it wasn't gluten-free. I was curious how the gluten-free cupcakes tasted, so I'm glad you said you couldn't even tell! It seems as if gluten-free food is tasting better over the years. What are some of your favorites?

    ReplyDelete