Monday, February 24, 2014

Speech planning

Throughout our week long break, I began to really narrow in on what I wanted the topic of my speech to be. At first, I thought about discussing the initial challenge of becoming gluten free and the different lifestyle changes I had to make. As I got deeper in though, I began to think about how that change made me feel so much better and how I didn't feel as sick on a day to day basis. I decided that I wanted the main portion of my speech to be about making sure you can always feel your best and be happy. By giving up gluten, I was able to have more energy and feel healthier. In addition to that, exercising and working out gave me extra energy and resulted in me living a happier more prosperous life. 

In the beginning of my talk I plan to summarize what it means to be gluten-free and how it affected my life at a young age. From there I'll describe the effects of my change and how it caused me to feel better. After that I'll continue on the topic of being happy and living right. 

I thought I would have a tough time planning what I would talk about, but it turned out to be a lot easier than I thought. I was able to find something straight forward to talk about and then also found a deeper symbolic meaning within it all. 

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you now have a better focus on your speech. Sometimes it is very difficult to get started when there are so many options out there. I think it will be great for people to hear about your experience becoming gluten-free because I am sure many people will be able to relate. They will also be able to see that they are not the only ones who had to go through such a change.

    ReplyDelete